Contest Terms and Conditions
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
The Win a GoPro Max and 3 Video Edits Contest (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Spivo Inc., located at 6904 Edgar Brault street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1C 1L6 (the “Sponsor”). There is one (1) Grand Prize to be awarded. Chances of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Who Can Enter:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY.
1. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Canada and the United States of America, the United Kingdom and Australia who are over the age of majority in their province, state or country of residence or older at the time of entry with the exception of residents of Québec, Rhode Island and Puerto Rico.
2. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws, and is void where prohibited.
3. Employees of the Sponsor, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design or production of the Sweepstakes and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. The Sweepstakes is open from Wednesday January 18, 2023 at 12:00AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) to Wednesday January 25, 2023 at 11:59PM PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
How To Enter:
5. Ways to Enter:
Eligible entrants may visit https://www.spivo.com/pages/contest (the “Site”) during the Sweepstakes Period and register for the Sweepstakes. Registration is free. To register eligible entrants must provide their first name, last name, email address, and country of residence. Once registered, eligible entrants will receive one entry into the random drawing of the Grand Prize.
6. During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible entrants may earn additional entries into the random drawing of the Grand Prize in 10 ways:
- Fill out a 5-min survey (+10 entries)
- Follow @spivovideo on Tiktok + comment on contest post (+5 entries)
- Follow @spivo on Instagram + comment on contest post (+1 entry)
- Subscribing to @Spivovideo on YouTube (+1 entry)
These actions will provide additionally entries to the Sweepstakes. Should emails be distributed to the eligible entrants, you can unsubscribe at any time.
7. Any use of an electronic device to enhance or alter entrants’ odds of winning will count as a fraudulent entry. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
8. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Receipt of entries for the random draw will not be acknowledged, and proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt.
9. The Sponsor reserves the right to delete any entries or remove participants that are in violation of the Official Rules.
10. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Grand Prize Draw:
11. A random draw will be conducted on January 26th, 2023, after the Sweepstakes Period has ended. Chances of winning the random draw depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
12. Following the draws for the Grand Prizes, the selected entrants will be contacted by email within 24 hours of the draw.
13. In order to be verified the Grand Prize winner, the selected entrant must:
- Respond to the prize notification email within five (5) days of transmission;
- Correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- Sign a declaration stating that he/she:
(i) has read, understands and complies with the Official Rules;
(ii) releases and discharges the Sponsor; and
(iii) Consent to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of the Sponsor of the winner’s name and/or photograph and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, without any further compensation to the winner.
14. Should the selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements contained in these Official Rules, the Grand Prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected and the initially selected entrant will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards the Sponsor or anyone involved in the Sweepstakes.
15. Return of any prize notification email as “undeliverable” may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
The Grand Prize:
16. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize is for one (1) winner and one (1) travel companion and will consist of the following:
- GoPro Max Camera
- Three Video Edits from Spivo Video
The approximate retail value is limited to three thousand dollars ($1,500USD).
17. The winner must be able to redeem the Grand Prize between January 26th, 2023 and March 1st, 2023 and is subject to availability. If the winner is not able to redeem the Grand Prize during this time the prize will be forfeited and no alternative prize will be awarded.
18. Any expenses not specifically mentioned above as part of the Grand Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
19. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes in whole or in part with a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at its discretion.
20. All elements of the Grand Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not for resale and non-refundable. Grand Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternatives, substitution or transfers of the Grand Prizes will be allowed.
21. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state/provincial and local/municipal laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these Official Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
22. The Sponsor will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Sweepstakes registrations, regardless of the cause, including, but not limited to, failure of the Site;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification;
- any changes in email addresses after Sweepstakes registrations are submitted; and
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause.
24. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as intended by the Sponsor, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes.
25. Should tax liability arise, then it will be the responsibility of the winner to notify their own Government’s relevant tax department. The Sponsor takes no responsibility or liability for taxation or for any other costs incurred in connection with the prizes received in this Sweepstakes.
26. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.
https://www.spivo.com/pages/terms-and-privacy/. Entrants may write to the Sponsor and request that their information be removed from the Sponsor’s records.
28. The winner releases the Sponsor, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective employees, agents, representatives, officers, directors, successors and assigns ("Released Parties") from any liability for damage of any kind whatsoever that he/she or his/her guests (in the case of the Grand Prize winner) may suffer, directly or indirectly, by reason of acceptance, possession or use of the Prizes, including, among other things, accidents, injuries, death, loss of enjoyment, inconveniences, disappointments, worries or frustrations or a physical or psychological nature.
For this purpose, the winner hereby (i) acknowledges and confirms that Released Parties are not granting any warranties or assurances of any kind pertaining to the Prizes awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes; (ii) acknowledges and confirms the absence of any implied warranties and (iii) agrees to sign a declaration and release form before receiving his/her Prize. Any and all costs incurred by the winner to claim, use or redeem his/her Prize shall be borne by the winner.
29: Facebook/Instagram/TikTok/Youtube. This Sweepstakes is not managed or sponsored by Facebook (who owns Instagram), TikTok, or Youtube. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor.
30. To be notified of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure sufficient postage is included) to: Spivo Inc., 6904 Edgar Brault street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1C 1L6.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook, or GoPro.